Saturday, December 10, 2011


I know I am a little late but I need to keep track of what goes on in my life so I can add to mine and Jake's scrapbook every month. 

First Thanksgiving:
Our first Thanksgiving was with my family, the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It was perfect. We had soooo much food, we thought we were going to be sick. My grandma is the best cook ever. After dinner we played a really fun game called Quelf. Right before we were getting ready to play, my mom blurts out (in front of everyone), so how do you play Queef? Everyone was seriously crying from laughing so hard. It was so awkward but so funny. My mom was so embarrassed about what she said but she made it even more funny when she leaned to my aunt and asked her what a queef is. It was probably one of the funniest family gathering moments, I have ever experienced. Anyway, you guys should check out Quelf, its a fun game to play with a group of people! All in all it was a perfect day

Second Thanksgiving:
We left the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to Idaho Falls. We helped Jake's brother in law open his new store in Rigby. His sister Mandy & I were in charge of decorating the store for Christmas. It was really good to spend the day with her and bond and I got to play with her cute kids. We spent all day and half the night at the store decorating, while taking care of crazy kids running around. The next day was Thanksgiving. We went to Driggs to Jake's grandmas for actual Thanksgiving. Once again, we ate a ton of food. We also played Just Dance 3 on the Wii with his aunts, uncles & cousins. It was pretty funny to see grown men dancing. We drove back to Idaho Falls Thursday evening and prepared for our night of black friday. We left at 9 p.m. and headed to Toys R Us to get some stuff for Jakes niece and nephew. The line to get in, honestly had over 400 people in it, so we gave up and went to Wal-Mart. The sales at Wal-Mart started at 10 p.m. and it was absolutely crazy. Jake waited in line to get us an X-box 360 & Kinect for $150. Me and Jessy (Jake's sister), ran around the store getting other things. Then we went to Kohls, Target and the mall. All in all it was a success. We were out until 3:30 in the morning, and were EXHAUSTED. But I saved around 500 dollars, it was awesome. We woke up Friday morning at 8 and went back to the mall to shop. We quickly realized how tired we actually were and went home and slept until 5 p.m. haha we were so tired! Saturday we slept in and had a relaxing day after our crazy black friday experience. Sunday was Jake's birthday. I got him the game RISK and a Transformers poster (he is obsessed). We played RISK with his family, which is a fun but very strategic and competitive game. Needless to say, I let Jake win because it was his birthday haha. 

I got all of the following for around $500:
-Xbox 360 + Kinect + Adventures Game
-10 Blue Ray Movies
-2 Leather Jackets
-2 Shirts
-Beanie
-Food Processor
-Immersion Blender
-Belgium Waffle Iron
-5 Kinect X-box Games
-4 Scarves
-Robe
-Apron
-A Watch
.....and soooo much more but I'm too lazy to name everything.


Saturday the 3rd we celebrated my 21st birthday we drove to Salt Lake to go to The Cheesecake Factory. When we got there, there was a 2 hour wait, so we bought a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake and headed back to Layton to go to Tepenyaki. Being the mom, that she is, she told me to get the most expensive thing on the menu because she felt bad that we couldn't go to The Cheesecake Factory, so I did. It was soooo good. Lobster, Crab & Filet Mignon, dinner for a Queen! After dinner we went back to the house and ate Butterfinger Cake (yellow cake version of Better Than Sex Cake). Then we watched my sisters birthday present to me, The Grinch :) my favorite Christmas movie. Sunday I got to babysit my cute nephew all day! I love that kid so much. He is seriously so funny and ridiculously smart. He's 1 1/2 and can pretty much say any word you tell him to. He loves me more then the rest of my family and always reaches for me when other people hold him, I love it. He calls me Shae Shae and runs around the house saying it. We had a great weekend with my family!

On my actual 21st birthday, December 6th. My mom came up and took me to sushi for lunch. I am a serious sucker for sushi, I love it! Then I went and got my new drivers license and I look like a man in it, its horrible. Later that night me and Jake made Christmas cookies and then went to Tandoori Oven for some indian food. It is so delicious, if you have never been there, GO! Then I opened my present from him. A rotating spice rack :) that boy knows me so well. Thanks to my mom and Jake, I had the best birthday ever.

Fast forward to the end of this week and here I am now. Thursday me, Jake, Jenna and some other friends went to Beehive and had 15 cent wings. For some reason we all ordered 20...bad idea. 

Friday (last night), we went on a triple date with some friends to Lava Hot Springs. Gotta love that place. And tonight we are going to Ogden to watch MMA fights with my familia and go to my cousins homecoming tomorrow. Then it's time for finals, boooo. 

Good news is, we are headed to Boise next weekend for the Utah State Aggie Bowl Game, front row tickets baby!


That was long and dreadful, I apologize.



No comments:

Post a Comment