Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Best Friend Ice.

November 5th 2011.
This day will be remembered forever. It was the day I lost my best friend. 
For those of you who follow this blog or are really close to me you know how much I love my dog Ice.
She has been sick for the last couple of months and yesterday was her last straw.
She was diagnosed with a disease called pancreatic insufficiency. Basically what happens is they can't digest there food and continuously lose weight until they die.
She stopped eating, weighed 30 pounds lighter than she should at her age and just couldn't hold on any longer. We made the decision to send her to a better place where she could be happy. 
Saying my last goodbyes at the vet was by far one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It was even more painful to see that Jake was just as upset as I was. I haven't stopped crying and honestly am bawling hysterically as I type this. She had a great life and we will always love and remember her. She really was my best friend. She always put a smile on my face and was there for me no matter what. We watched movies under Jakes bed together, she helped me cook dinner (mostly by eating the scraps that fell on the ground), and did everything thing she could to make me happy. It's amazing how much a dog can become like a family member. Losing her has honestly been one of the hardest things I have had to go through in my life so far. 

In remembrance of our baby girl, Evil Princess Ice, we love you and miss you. We can't wait to see you again in heaven. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment