Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Picnics.

WARNING: This blog post is all about Jake, so if your sick about hearing our love story, I would advice that you don't read any further. But if you like reading about our cheesyness, here it is. 


(In order to understand this story you first have to know that Jake had been telling me all week that he was working a half day on Saturday and wouldn't be to Ogden until Saturday afternoon)

So Friday night after work, I called him like I always do after work and he told me he was going to dinner with some friends from work. I asked him where and with who and he responded normally and I didn't think anything of it. He said he would call me when he was done, so about an hour later he calls me again and I ask him how dinner was and what he got, and once again he replied normally by saying it was okay and he got fajitas. It wasn't until he told me he was home, and I could still hear the car running through the phone to know something was up. I ignored it for a minute to try to figure out what he was really up to. I told him I was really tired, and he said "Yeah me too, I think we should just say goodnight right now and I'll talk to you tomorrow babe." Well me being me, I said no (since we had only been talking for like 3 minutes and we usually talk for at least 30 minutes). I could still hear the car driving, so I finally asked him what the hell he was doing. He told me he was at home in bed, but I knew he was lying. Well I was right, I had to ruin the surprise. Apparently he had been lying to me all week saying that he had to work on Saturday when really he didn't. He was trying to surprise me by showing up on Friday night without me ever finding out. But of course me being the way I am, I asked too many questions, forcing him to tell me the surprise. He was a little upset because his plan was to just say goodnight on the phone like we usually do, and then sneak into my room when he got here, and crawl into my bed and kiss me, without me ever knowing he was coming down. So he was never at dinner with work friends, did not have fajitas, and never was working on Saturday, he was making up all these lies just to surprise me. Even though I kind of ruined the surprise he still made me the happiest girl in the world. It's the cute things he does like that, that remind me how much he loves me and how lucky I am to have such an amazing boyfriend. I seriously am so in love with him.

ANYWAY.

When Jake got to my house on Friday night we stayed up and watched So You Think You Can Dance, which was absolutely hysterical. These people crack me up, if any of you saw it, I hope you watched the part with the black stripper. She honestly made us laugh until we almost pee'd our pants. 
Saturday morning we woke up and went to breakfast at my dad's restaurant, which is always scrumptious, and then we headed to my uncle's work to get Jake's car fixed. We were there for almost 2 hours! But the good news is, my uncles girlfriend showed up with my old dog Pudje! He's an English Bulldog and we got him when I was 15, but my dad ended up hating him so my uncle and his family adopted him. The day they took him was one of the saddest days of my life. So I was soooo happy to see him on Saturday. I hadn't seen him since I was 16 or 17. He's gotten so huge its crazy!

This is the only picture I could get of him somewhat holding still!

After Jake's car got fixed we went grocery shopping and went to the mall to see Hangover 2. I was super disappointed. Everyone kept talking about how good it was but it wasn't very good at all, more gross than anything. Me and Jake were both unimpressed. Saturday night we headed to Logan for our good friends Justin and Ambers wedding. They looked so happy and it was fun to see them glowing. It was funny because at 2 different times in the night they both talked about how they just wanted the reception to be over so they could get laid. I love them!

Driving to Logan! Jake hates this picture but if he would not pull a face in every single picture he wouldn't have to worry about looking like a retard. Still love him tho :)


Justin and Amber!

After the wedding, we went to dinner with our good friend Derek who was down from Burley, ID for the wedding. We ate at Happy Sushi which is our favorite, it looks ghetto but it is super delicious. If you're ever in Logan and are a fan of sushi, go to Happy Sushi!

Sunday we slept till 11 and made banana nut waffles when we woke up. We laid around until 1:30 when we decided we should probably go to church, so we got ready and went to the singles ward. It was good to be at church and feel the spirit, we hadn't been in 2 weeks so it was very refreshing. After church, we made packed a picnic, grabbed some softball gear and headed to the park. It was such a beautiful day today and it was so cute/relaxing to eat a picnic in the park with Jake. We wrestled and laughed and laughed and laughed some more and then fell asleep in the shade on our blanket. When we woke up  Jake attempted to pitch me some balls, but poor kid is not a baseball player. He could not pitch a straight ball for the life of him, but thats what made it so fun. We are always laughing when we are together and that's one of the reasons I love him so much. We had such a cute day together. 

Our yummy picnic, and Jake's lovely face.

Love him always :)


Jake headed back to Pinedale a few hours ago because he has to work early tomorrow morning. I already can't wait till Friday when we get to be together again! I had another amazing weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment