Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Love and Mushroom Hunting.

Me and Jenna were talking the other day about how we get upset when people don't update their blogs, until I realized that I can't get upset because I don't update my blog very much either! So I will do my best to change that.

This is my life during the week. 
Monday-Friday 
-Homework in the morning
-Exercise in the afternoon
-Tan and run errands before work
-Work from 4-9.
-9 to 10 talk to Jake on the phone
-Asleep by 10:30

Nothing to exciting at all.
The good news is that my weekends are always amazing because I get to spend them with my lover.
This last weekend I took Friday night off and drove the 3 and 1/2 hour drive to Pinedale to Jake's house. Shortly after  I got there, we drove 2 more hours to his grandmas house in Driggs, ID. 

His grandma lives  on a dairy farm that Jake's two uncles run. It is always fun to go up there and spend a few days in the middle of no where on the farm. We rode fourwheelers, milked cows, fed calves, and did all sorts of "farm" stuff. It was a good change of activities and scenery. On Saturday me, Jake, his grandma, nephew,  and sister Jessy all went up into the mountains to go mushroom hunting. I had never heard of that before but apparently there is a type of mushroom that grows by his grandmas house that is really tasty to eat. Needless to say we walked away with a good full grocery bag of mushrooms. When we got home his grandma fried them up and we had mushroom sandwiches. They were honestly one of the best things I have ever tasted. I was a little weary at first, but they were so good. 

Saturday night we went on a double date with Jakes uncle and his girlfriend Niki to the Thai restaurant we always go to when we are in Driggs. One of his uncles friends showed up in the middle of dinner to join us. The food was super tasty except for I learned I do not like duck, it is disgusting. Jakes uncle Bill got it and I tasted it...bad idea. After dinner we all went back to Bill's and they all decided to get drunk while me and Jake watched entertainingly. It's weird to see 40 year olds completely belligerent but entertaining none the less.

Sunday we headed back to Pinedale because Jake had to work early Monday morning. We watched half of a movie and fell asleep at like 10 o'clock. We are lame. Monday night when Jake got home we went at rented the movie I am Number 4. It was a little too sci-fi for my taste but was still a decent movie. Jake was exhausted from a long day of work and I slept all day so he fell asleep and I listened to The Mocking Jay. The third series of The Hunger Games books. I highly recommend them but they are super addicting. I am halfway done with the last book and I am going to be so sad when its over. They are coming out with a movie but it doesn't come out until March 2012. 

Anyway, about an hour after Jake fell asleep he woke up all concerned and pulled me into him to cuddle and said, "Are you okay?" I was fine, I think he was just confused as to why I was still awake. Then he told me to come here, pulled me tight into him, kissed me and said I love you and then fell back asleep. Isn't he tender? He is honestly perfect. I love that boy more than anything. Being in love is so perfect and I honestly have never been happier. I can't wait for the years of adventures we are going to have together!

That was my weekend and now I am currently waiting till 4 when I have to go to work again. Only 3 more days and then Jake will be here :) he's coming down this weekend and our friends Amber and Justin are getting married on Saturday night in Logan! I am so happy for them and can't wait for another amazing weekend with my man. 

And like I said I will try to update my blog more but I feel like all I ever talk about is Jake but thats because I love him and everything good that happens in my life, involves him! And also, Jenna told me its my blog so I can write about whatever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment