Thursday, August 4, 2011

Delayed Weekend Post.

Last weekend I drove up to Pinedale, yet again. Friday night me and Jake set off on a camping adventure. A co-worker told him about this lake that wasn't too far away and had really good camping spots, so with the directions Jake's co-worker gave him, we were off. Turns out we drove right past the sign and right past the turn, and went about an hour too far. Needless to say, after asking a grumpy old fisherman for directions we finally found it just before sundown. We were starving so our first task was to start a fire. Jake being the mountain man that he is, got a fire started in no time. I made lots of yummy food for the weekend and snagged some ribs from my families restaurant to roast on the fire. Sorry to be so cheesy but it was so romantic being on a camping trip with just me and Jake, no one else. After we ate (in complete darkness, because all we had was a tiny flashlight) we got settled in our tent and decided to leave the top cover off so we could see the stars. It took me forever to fall asleep because Jake likes to hold me in a death squeeze like something is trying to take me from him, and I literally cannot move. It's cute because he is such a cuddly sleeper and always has to be holding on to me, but it makes falling asleep comfortably a bit hard. Anyway, Saturday morning we packed up camp and headed to Idaho Falls to see Jake's family.

Chopping wood. (I know he looks special).

Our cute little tent.

Our camping chairs Jake bought us!

Roughin' it. One day we are going to make the cutest babies haha.

Cooking our dinner. 

Saturday afternoon when we got into Idaho Falls, we went and saw Harry Potter with his family. It was good but I haven't seen the last two movies so I was super confused. After the movie we met our friends Kodey and his wife Sarah for dinner. It was the second time I have met them and they are super nice. After dinner we went to the drive inn, where we all fell asleep during Cowboys & Aliens. Jake said he was awake for about half of it and it was horrible. Sunday we went to church at 9 and then came home to take a nap. Me, Jake, and his mom all fell asleep on her giant bed and Jake for some reason was in the middle. It was a funny sight. Later that afternoon we went to his sister Mandy's house for a BBQ. We played with his nephew Jake and played some fun games. It started getting late so we made the 3 hour drive back to Pinedale. Monday while Jake was at work I went to the library and got a ton of homework done, it was such a relief! Monday night we just relaxed, made dinner, and went to sleep. Tuesday Jake left for work really early and I slept in a couple extra hours and then made the drive back home! 

In the meantime, I have been finishing up my last week of the Summer semester and I CANNOT wait to be done. It's been such a pain worrying about school in the Summer. I've also been making the finishing purchases for my new apartment. I can't wait till its done so I can post pictures! Wednesday me and my mom started moving some of my stuff in and it made me so excited to be back in Logan again. We ate at my favorite sushi place, Happy Sushi and then went to Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby is not a good place for me to be, it is honestly my favorite store ever. I bought a bunch of new stuff for my kitchen and made the cutest flower arrangement for my kitchen table. I also got stuff to make these wall canvas quotes for the kitchen.

I found this idea off of Brassy Apple and got the cutest material for it.

These are the one's she made.

I am making three of them for the kitchen. One board is going to say "I kiss better than I cook, and I'm a really good cook." The other is going to just be a giant heart, and the last one is going to say "Never eat more than you can lift. -Miss Piggy" Two of the boards are going to be black with red and white polka dot writing and the other is going to be bright red with a zebra print heart. I can't wait to finish them so I can post pictures! 

Also good news, my aunt, who is going through a separation with her husband, was selling pretty much everything in their house. So I got a gigantic black Love Sac for my apartment for 75 bucks. It's in super good shape and I love it! Jake has a pretty good sized Love Sac too so we want to have a big theatre room one day with our Love Sacs in it!

I am taking my second to last test of the semester tomorrow morning and then I have to make a bunch of food because Jake and I are going camping with friends this weekend. It should be a lot of fun. My life is seriously so amazing (knock on wood), there are so many exciting things that are going to happen in the next year and I can't wait :) life is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment