Friday, March 18, 2011

Grateful.

Today I am feeling a lot of gratitude and am doing this new thing where I try to find the positive in everything. Life is too short to get upset over the small stuff and I need to remember that. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself over stupid things, but when I think about it I have the best life ever. I know sometimes it may not be perfect, but it wasn't designed to be perfect. Life is about loving your flaws and learning from your mistakes.

I am grateful for these things:

1. A healthy body. I get down on myself a lot for not having the perfect body but when it comes down to it I am perfectly healthy, with not a health problem in sight. I have a boyfriend who thinks I am beautiful, and  it doesn't matter if I have a swimsuit model body because he likes it the way it is :) 
2. My hair. People take hair for granite. I complain about having a bad hair day, or my hair not being long enough but in reality at least I have hair. So many cancer patients go through the challenge of losing their hair, and we're complaining about the color of our hair, its kind of pathetic. So I am very grateful to have hair.
3. Education. I am so grateful that I have the privilege to go to Utah State. Being a first generation college student, it means even more. I complain about school all the time but there is nothing I would rather do then be here getting ready to graduate next year. So many people outside of our country don't receive education past the 3rd grade let alone attend college. I am so grateful for the mass amounts of knowledge I am learning while studying cultural anthropology.
4. Roger. Roger is my vehicle and I love him very much. He was a graduation present from high school and he is the only expensive thing I actually own. My name is on the title, and it makes me so happy to actually own a car at 20 years old. Yes, it was a gift but that doesn't mean I can't be grateful for it. He gets me where I need to go, and I am so grateful for him.
5. Apartment. Even though I spend as little time as possible at my apartment, I am grateful to have a roof over my head every night. Even though me and Kaylie don't get along with the people we live with whatsoever, I am still grateful to be privileged enough to live in an apartment so close to campus.
6. Family. My mom is my best friend and always will be. I consider her my friend way more than I consider her my mom. I tell her everything, and when I say everything I really mean everything. She is the most understanding, non-judgemental person I have ever met in my life. She accepts everyone for who they are, and loves and tries to find the good in everyone she meets. She loves me no matter what, regardless of everything I have put her through. I always go to her for advice and she always knows the right thing to say. We have so much in common and have so much fun together. I am very grateful to have a best friend for a mom. I am also grateful for my daddy. At heart, I am a daddy's little girl. He may seem tough and mean on the outside but I know he loves me with his whole heart. He is my lifeline, he cares so much about where I am going in life and wants me to be successful, therefore he is the funding behind everything in my life, he gets up every morning and goes to work so that I have the opportunity to go to school and live away from home.  I couldn't be more grateful for a dad who spoils and loves the crap out of me. I am grateful for the rest of my family, my sister, brother, nephew, grandma, grandpa, and cousins. 
7. Jake. I know I talk about him way too much but thats because he is my everything. I love that boy more than he will ever know. I am so grateful we found each other and I couldn't ask for a better man in my life. I am so grateful that he loves his Heavenly Father and believes in the church 100%. He is the kindest person I know, and would do anything for anyone if they needed it. He has the biggest heart and treats me like a princess. I love him more than anything, and I don't know where I would be without him. He loves me regardless of how needy I can be sometimes, and he loves me even though I'm a handful. That right there says a lot. He makes me a better person and inspires me to be even better. He leaves a permanent smile on my face, and we have the time of our lives together. I love Jake Rammell.
8. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves me. People don't usually see me as this religious girl, but in reality and inside I love the gospel so much. I don't know where I would be without the church in my life. It took me a long time to get to this point in my life to be active in the church and to believe it with my full being. Yes, I still make mistakes and do things that I shouldn't be doing, but that doesn't mean my testimony becomes any less strengthened. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and its all part of the process. People will call me a hypocrite for participating in things non approved by the church but who are they to judge? God is the only one who can judge. Heavenly Father loves me and is there for me no matter what mistakes I make in my life. He knows my intentions, and knows I am working towards being more like him. I can't wait until the day I can walk into the temple. 



Sorry that was longer then I thought it was going to be but I truly am in such a grateful mood today. Me and Jake are going down to Ogden tonight for one of my good friend Maddi's wedding. I can't believe she is getting married, it feels like yesterday we were in Cancun playing on the beach together. I wish her the best of luck and couldn't be happier for her. We are also meeting my parents, my favorite cousin/big sister Brandy, her husband Aaron and there three kids for dinner. I can't wait to see them, I miss them so much. I was so happy to get a text from Brandy this morning telling me they missed me and wanted to get together. It made my day. This weekend is going to be a good one :)

Have a happy friday. 


Congrats Maddi, love you girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment